Please write in support of the provision of a Community Health Garden on .1ha of land next to College Surgery, Centre for Integrated Health as part of the Cullompton NW Extension consultation response. Without strong local support this valuable project will not happen. We urgently need your help!
Why I believe this project is important for Cullompton:
- This is a forward thinking project with potential for enormous health benefits for Cullompton, the community as a whole, also provide a social meeting place.
- Access to the garden would help with the effects of stress, depression, bereavements, alzheimer’s, terminal illness, and aid rehabilitation.
- working in the Garden has potential promote a positive effect on depression, obesity and related ill health.
- cookery demonstrations using garden produce would inform about a healthy diet, and nutrition, linked to advice from a health facilitator.
- good results, have already been achieved with diabetic patients, using produce from small scale raised beds in the car park. With larger space much more could be achieved.
- The NHS is under a huge challenge as demands for treatment grow, this is the kind of initiative which is likely to be vital for the future and in the best interest of patients.
- It would be tragic if the opportunity for a Health Garden was lost for ever, and with it the opportunity to build on and expand valuable work already started.
This is a once in a generation opportunity for Cullompton to lead the way, and most importantly improve quality of life for the community. College Surgery is a centre of excellence, a teaching facility which is nationally and internationally renown, recognised for valuable work by the Ministry of Health and The Prince of Wales who opened the centre.
Rosemary Berry – Mid Devon District Councillor for Cullompton Outer
Details also available from:
TheForward Planning Team, Mid Devon District Council
Tel:01884 234 922 Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
Please give your support for the Community Health Garden by responding to the consultation before 1st October 2015.
Consultation responses should be:
Emailed to email@example.com Posted to: NW Cullompton Masterplanning Consultation, Forward Planning, Mid Devon District Council, Phoenix House, Tiverton EX16 6PP
For help with your consultation response or more information contact:
Rosemary Berry – Mid Devon District Councillor for Cullompton Outer Phone 01884 32320 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org